Introduction To Vaping
What do I need to buy to get started vaping?
- First, you will need to purchase a starter kit. Starter kits come with everything you will need to begin in terms of hardware. After you figure out which model starter kit you wish to purchase, you will need e-liquid to fill your tank. We suggest purchasing 2-3 bottles of e-liquid in various flavours and strengths in order to find the one most suitable to your preference.
How much is vaping going to cost me?
- This depends on how much you vape. The biggest expense is getting started because you have to buy the hardware. But after that, if you are an average vaper, you will be spending between £10 and £20 a week on e-liquid and coils. Think of it like buying a coffee maker - the coffee maker will be the biggest expense, but then all you need to buy is coffee granules.
Is vaping safe?
- Vaping has been shown to be 95% safer than smoking by Public Health England. Very few things in life are 100% safe (except for fresh air and water, maybe!), so vaping doesn’t need to be shown to be completely safe for it to be a fantastic way those who enjoy nicotine to live a healthier life. Think of it like coffee - not completely safe, but safe enough.
Can vaping help me quit cigarettes?
- Yes, it most definitely can. You may not find yourself quitting straight away, but it is highly likely that you will be able to cut down on cigarettes as soon as you get used to vaping.
What do I need to know to start vaping?
- How to turn on your e-cigarette (click here)
- How to charge you e-cigarette (click here)
- How to fill your tank (click here)
- How to change your coil (click here)
How do electronic cigarettes work?
- A flavoured liquid, usually containing nicotine, is turned to vapour by applying heat to it. The user then inhales the vapour.
Will vaping affect my asthma?
- Studies show that vaping does not affect people who suffer from asthma in any adverse way. In fact, it can alleviate asthmatic symptoms in some people.
What are the benefits of vaping?
- E-cigarettes have been shown to be 95% safer than cigarettes.
- Once you get used to it, vaping can taste a lot nicer than cigarettes.
- You can control exactly how much nicotine you take into your body.
- The smell of e-cigarette vapour is much nicer than the smell of cigarettes and does not linger in the room or stick to your clothes or hair.
- Many public places will allow vaping inside (but always check!).
How old do I need to be to buy vape gear and e-liquid?